- A balanced healthy diet which has been devised following the guidelines of The Children’s Food Trust and Startwell.
- Excellent hygiene practises. Staff are food hygiene trained and encourage children to learn about germs and healthy eating.
- 5 star food hygiene rating at our Rubery Day Nursery. (Kings Heath Day Nursery is still awaiting an inspection but practises at both nurseries are the same.)
- Plenty of opportunity for exercise both indoors and outdoors.
- Robust safeguarding/child protection policy and procedure.
- All staff trained and regularly updated in safeguarding/child protection procedures using both external training agencies, the local authority and in house training.
- Risk assessments regularly updated.
- Health and safety co coordinator and policy in place.
- Data entry system and CCTV on entrances.
Enjoy and Achieve
- Age and developmentally appropriate activities provided.
- Children encouraged to make their own choice when planning activities.
- We listen to children’s and parent’s feedback.
- As soon as each child starts they are given a named peg, a key worker and a learning journey is started.
Make a positive contribution
- Behaviour management policy in place and all staff receive regular training. Each nursery has a behaviour management coordinator.
- We are an inclusive nursery and work closely with all children and their families. We have a SEN policy and co-ordinator who regularly updates training and skills.
- We actively encourage parent partnership by finding time to chat to the parents and we regularly hold parents social evenings, parent workshops and development progress events.
- We work closely with other professionals to ensure all the children’s and their family’s needs are met wherever possible.
Achieve economic well being
- We take EEE funding for 2, 3 & 4 year olds.
- We take a variety of employer vouchers.
- We offer both full and part time places to fit in with most families needs.
- We are registered with HMRC to accept Tax Free Childcare.