We LOVE 💕 being outside whatever the weather.
Our 2 – 4 year olds at our Rubery nursery are lucky that they can go outside whenever they wish through our free flow area and our children at our Kings Heath setting also get lots of opportunity to spend lots of time outdoors.
So come rain ☔️ or shine ☀️, frost or snow we have the appropriate clothing for the children and our team to be outdoors. Puddles suits, wellies, sun hats and sun cream for everyone.
And yes, they do get messy!😃
The children really enjoy playing in the mud kitchen, digging, hiding in the willow dome, balancing, sitting under the tree 🌳, fetching water 💦, looking at bugs 🐛 , running round, jumping off things, painting, to name just a few.
There are so many benefits from outdoor play;
* Encourages children to be active and healthy and to get exercise in a fun way.
* It encourages children to learn about and appreciate the world around them and how to take care of it.
* It develops social skills as children learn to join in with each other and talk to their friends about what they are doing.
* It gives children a sense of freedom and the confidence to discover and try new things. It develops their imagination and creativity as they can run around freely without the restriction of 4 walls.
* It helps children develop an under of taking risks and problem solving by themselves, with their friends and our practitioners. They will learn how to take calculated risks and decisions to keep themselves and their friends safe, such as “should I jump off this bench?”
WE LOVE OUTDOOR PLAY!🤗