We have a comprehensive safeguarding policy and all staff have regular safeguarding/child protection training both in house and through external agencies. Managers at both settings are trained designated senior members of staff for safeguarding and are confident in how they would respond to a concern.
We have a robust recruitment procedure that requires all new staff regardless of their position within the company to complete an application form, attend an interview and a trial and then they are required to have an enhanced DBS and at least 2 good quality references. Before any new staff are left unsupervised with the children they also go through a rigorous induction process.
Below are some of the ways we safeguard the children in our care;
- Mobile phone policy for staff, parents and all visitors.
- Data entry system and CCTV on all entrances.
- Password system in place for times when someone different is
collecting your child.
- Staff training regularly updated.
- Risk assessments carried out.
- Regular checks on all equipment and areas.